Farscape may no longer be airing new episodes, but the fandom is still thriving. The idea behind this particular community is to create as many graphics as you can from the screencaps of a given episode or theme. Members get 2 weeks to do this, and every 2 weeks a new challenge will be posted.
This is no contest. No voting will be done, no awards will be given, except for the Mod's Choice, in which anyone who submits more than one thing in their post for a given episode will receive recognition in the Hall of Fame for the icon/graphic that moderator liked best out of their submissions. And as always, your work can be nominated by yourself or your peers over at great comms such as fandom_awards.
But the point is this: HAVE FUN!! Be creative!!! You can post for sharing or just display purposes only. It's up to you. But join in, and enjoy the challenge!
1) All icons, wallpapers, graphics, and vids submitted for episodic challenges must pertain to the current challenge. This means you can't incorporate images from other episodes into your work, even if they've already been covered.
Thematic challenge submissions must pertain to the current theme, however any relevant images may be used regardless of episode.
2) Comment, comment, comment! We all love to know our work is appreciated, even if people don't take our stuff. So always comment any time you feel moved to say anything even if you want to offer suggestions, just be polite.
3) Credit: give credit where credit is due. Let people know where you got your caps, your brushes, your fonts. And if you take anything, be sure to follow the poster's rules for their art. This means no stealing. Stealing is bad, and you will be kicked out for doing so.
4) If you're posting, please indicate preferred image usage in your post and be specific so that there's no confusion. If your stuff's display only, or up for grabs, let us know. Customizable? You got it: let us know.
5) Personal journals: You want to link to your journal? Great!! But please, follow these rules: A) Give us some sort of teaser to let us know what we're looking at. B) Indicate in your link that we're going to your journal and link directly to the post itself. C) If it's friends-only please indicate this in the post as well.
6) LJ-Cuts: Use an LJ-cut if you post more than three icons, or if you have graphics bigger than a thumbnail preview. If there's a chance your work contains questionable material such as profanity, character-bashing, etc., please also indicate this in the cut as well. If there's any questions on content please ask a mod.
7) See something you really like, but aren't sure how to do it for yourself? Try a couple things: 1) ask the artist. Chances are, they can give you lots of tips. 2) Check out icon_tutorial. It has extensive tutorials, especially in the memory section, and can probably answer any question you might have.
8) Hotlinking is bad. Don't do it. If you need to display graphics of any kind, get yourself an account at PhotoBucket or TinyPic. They're easy, and best of all, free. And yes, this holds true if you want to nominate something. Some people have to pay for their bandwidth, and we don't want to cost them money, even if it is to show off their lovely work - because, trust me, people get very very angry with hotlinkers, no matter why they were hotlinking. It won't be pretty for you when they - or we - find out.
9) Confused about these rules? As always, just ask the moderators. We'll be happy to clarify anything you need.